Server load problems

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

Load times were bad, and a picture wouldn't upload.
Don't stress specific units.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Server load problems

Post by immortality »

I noticed the same yesterday.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

My ISP has had 2 planned outages in the last 2 weeks including one yesterday. They would have knocked the database offline and might have had something to do with not uploading. But I don't think that would explain low performance, though it is possible.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

If they have some kind of slow, read only, back up for outages... I don't know.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Server load problems

Post by vlad01 »

No issues for me the last few days.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

Yep. Both outages were middle of the night local time. It makes sense our USA friends would have been more likely to be affected. I considered putting up a notification but for a site like this I thought < 1 hour and its back was more complexity than it was worth. But, you guys still noticed :D
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

It is a free to us and very helpful.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Server load problems

Post by vlad01 »

antus wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2026 10:31 pm My ISP has had 2 planned outages in the last 2 weeks including one yesterday. They would have knocked the database offline and might have had something to do with not uploading. But I don't think that would explain low performance, though it is possible.
Well that explains it pretty much.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

Sorry, the site has been throttled due to hitting the bandwidth limit. Not sure if that's because of AI scrapers again/still or legit traffic. Limit will reset in a few more days, and I'll need to look in to what is going on and likely further tighten site security. Until then it is still working but performance will be down.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

Is image upload enough to do that? what I was doing when it happened. That would suck.
Don't stress specific units.