Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Wiring diagrams and questions
Asho88
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.

Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Post by Asho88 »

Hey guys so I’ve had issues with my dizzy wires broke so I stupidly snipped them and crimped it dumb I know but was working until it wasn’t so now I need to de pin the dizzy plug and re pin it to get a fresh start with a new dizzy. Any pointers where is the locking tab? Does the plug come out from the top or the bottom? Cheers fellas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Post by brindo »

Is it possible to just buy a whole new connector and start again? Or is it more of a time thing?
Not 100% sure but I thought EFI Hardware sell them https://www.efihardware.com/products/34 ... 3-pin-plug
They would be worth a call.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Post by delcowizzid »

The locking tabs are down both side of each pin looking in from the dizzy side of the plug need a fork tool
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Asho88
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.

Re: Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Post by Asho88 »

Yeah I stuffed it ordered a new plug from EFI HARDWARE lol cheers another question will a VS dizzy work with a VN computer looks like I can just swap plugs
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Need help de pinning a VN V8 dizzy plug (loom side)

Post by brindo »

VS Series 1 and 2 should be the same except as you mentioned for the plug.
If you were in a bind, theres nothing stopping you soldering on some longer wires to the dizzy and using a generic 3 pin waterproof plug.