Compatibility with Chrysler CDA software? I do not currently know what is required for that. Is it just J2534 with a specific hardware ID? Maybe a couple non-spec commands?... no idea.
Trying to follow a tutorial to install it right now. Would really help out with work and hobby stuff.
OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Don't stress specific units.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
On their terms and conditions page:AngelMarc wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 9:04 pm I'll be sure to share if they reply.
EDIT:
Capture.PNG
"the entire team" sure, bud.
Code: Select all
5- No checksum algorithm is available inside the XDF. Checksum must be calculated from the tool used to read/write the ecu or with an external tool.Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Yep, it's a scam.
Also,
Turns out the CDA software is all just people repackaging the dealer software and expecting to make a couple hundred bucks on top of the clone hardware... so, nevermind.
I'll get a P04 and make it work before I deal with all that.
Also,
Turns out the CDA software is all just people repackaging the dealer software and expecting to make a couple hundred bucks on top of the clone hardware... so, nevermind.
I'll get a P04 and make it work before I deal with all that.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
I think I have the names right. Year I pulled them from is listed. Can see PCBs. Apparently NGC3 and NGC4 are identical in appearance. Have to open them or know based on labels.Gampy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:42 pm I am also interested in FCA stuff ...
acln99,
Do you (or anyone) know what years have the SBEC3 and NGC? ECM ??
I'm interested in info on 2008-2015 Dodge specifically.
Thanks
-Enjoy
viewtopic.php?p=138382#p138382
Don't stress specific units.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
I don't believe that Gampy is still with us sadly
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
... oh
Maybe somebody else will find that helpful.
Maybe somebody else will find that helpful.
Don't stress specific units.
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
I was wondering about that as I haven't been on here in quite some time.
Mike
-
Madchuska
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
- cars: Holden
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Is OBDX Pro GT expected to work with Tech2Win in a vx commodore?
I've tried individually connecting to the PIM, Cluster, BCM and all return "no communication with vehicle"
I've tried individually connecting to the PIM, Cluster, BCM and all return "no communication with vehicle"
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Yes you should be able to connect to a VX commodore with tech2win.
The tech2win API is still in beta since theres still lots of changes and fixes needed to make it happy with every single vehicle variant.
Are you connecting in vehicle or on a bench setup?
The tech2win API is still in beta since theres still lots of changes and fixes needed to make it happy with every single vehicle variant.
Are you connecting in vehicle or on a bench setup?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Madchuska
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
- cars: Holden
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
In Vehicle.Tazzi wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2026 12:20 am Yes you should be able to connect to a VX commodore with tech2win.
The tech2win API is still in beta since theres still lots of changes and fixes needed to make it happy with every single vehicle variant.
Are you connecting in vehicle or on a bench setup?
Once I select the module eg PIM then click confirm, I can see the green lights start to flash on the OBX PRO GT then it hangs and eventually seems to time out.
Happy to shoot you some logs if worthwhile?