OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

Compatibility with Chrysler CDA software? I do not currently know what is required for that. Is it just J2534 with a specific hardware ID? Maybe a couple non-spec commands?... no idea.
Trying to follow a tutorial to install it right now. Would really help out with work and hobby stuff.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

AngelMarc wrote: Tue May 12, 2026 9:04 pm I'll be sure to share if they reply.

EDIT:
Capture.PNG
"the entire team" sure, bud.
On their terms and conditions page:

Code: Select all

5- No checksum algorithm is available inside the XDF. Checksum must be calculated from the tool used to read/write the ecu or with an external tool.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

Yep, it's a scam.

Also,
Turns out the CDA software is all just people repackaging the dealer software and expecting to make a couple hundred bucks on top of the clone hardware... so, nevermind.
I'll get a P04 and make it work before I deal with all that.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

Gampy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:42 pm I am also interested in FCA stuff ...

acln99,
Do you (or anyone) know what years have the SBEC3 and NGC? ECM ??

I'm interested in info on 2008-2015 Dodge specifically.

Thanks
-Enjoy
I think I have the names right. Year I pulled them from is listed. Can see PCBs. Apparently NGC3 and NGC4 are identical in appearance. Have to open them or know based on labels.
viewtopic.php?p=138382#p138382
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Gareth »

I don't believe that Gampy is still with us sadly
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by AngelMarc »

... oh
Maybe somebody else will find that helpful.
Don't stress specific units.
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by MudDuck514 »

Gareth wrote: Wed May 20, 2026 4:04 am I don't believe that Gampy is still with us sadly
I was wondering about that as I haven't been on here in quite some time.

Mike
Madchuska
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
cars: Holden

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Madchuska »

Is OBDX Pro GT expected to work with Tech2Win in a vx commodore?
I've tried individually connecting to the PIM, Cluster, BCM and all return "no communication with vehicle"
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

Yes you should be able to connect to a VX commodore with tech2win.
The tech2win API is still in beta since theres still lots of changes and fixes needed to make it happy with every single vehicle variant.

Are you connecting in vehicle or on a bench setup?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
Madchuska
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
cars: Holden

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Madchuska »

Tazzi wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2026 12:20 am Yes you should be able to connect to a VX commodore with tech2win.
The tech2win API is still in beta since theres still lots of changes and fixes needed to make it happy with every single vehicle variant.

Are you connecting in vehicle or on a bench setup?
In Vehicle.

Once I select the module eg PIM then click confirm, I can see the green lights start to flash on the OBX PRO GT then it hangs and eventually seems to time out.

Happy to shoot you some logs if worthwhile?