I'm trying to write blcd ose to a 512k chip & have tried giving it a file offset of 008000 & it failed so then I gave it a device offset of 008000 & left the file as 000000 & it failed again!
I've tried it 12 times & at all 5 different speeds but each time it gets to 50% so right at the offset I want & says; write failed, address=0x008000, buffer=0x00, device=0xFF
I've blank checked it 5 times & says it's blank any ideas?
File offset problem
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: File offset problem
i just stack bins in tunerpro then just burn as per normal, easier than working out offsets which i found confusing in the burner program
-
darcy
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am
Re: File offset problem
0x08000 should be the correct offset for a 32kbyte Bin on a 512kbyte chip (64kb)
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: File offset problem
i had the same issue with my new willem, i tried offsetting the file and that failed, but then offsetting in the program seemed to work fine!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: File offset problem
Ok it must be the user fault yet again!
I tried stacking it & it still would fail but now at 0% so I thought maybe wrong chip so I've tried nmc27c512, nmc27c256 & nmc27c128b but all failing at 0 or 1% is there any way of identifying the eproms?
I tried stacking it & it still would fail but now at 0% so I thought maybe wrong chip so I've tried nmc27c512, nmc27c256 & nmc27c128b but all failing at 0 or 1% is there any way of identifying the eproms?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: File offset problem
if your using a willem gq4x it has id function. Is your chips erased properly?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: File offset problem
Thanks guys but just figured out I'm even stupider than I first thought! It's a memcal out of an 808 so 128 k eprom & trying to write a 32k ose file to it so it obviously won't fit!
On a similar note are the vn/vp/vr eprom's still nm27c128 & nm27c256 or just generic 27c128 & 27c256?
On a similar note are the vn/vp/vr eprom's still nm27c128 & nm27c256 or just generic 27c128 & 27c256?
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: File offset problem
I normally set to generic then use the Willem to ID it as there are a couple of different ones used.