File offset problem

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

File offset problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm trying to write blcd ose to a 512k chip & have tried giving it a file offset of 008000 & it failed so then I gave it a device offset of 008000 & left the file as 000000 & it failed again!

I've tried it 12 times & at all 5 different speeds but each time it gets to 50% so right at the offset I want & says; write failed, address=0x008000, buffer=0x00, device=0xFF

I've blank checked it 5 times & says it's blank any ideas?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: File offset problem

Post by The1 »

i just stack bins in tunerpro then just burn as per normal, easier than working out offsets which i found confusing in the burner program
User avatar
darcy
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am

Re: File offset problem

Post by darcy »

0x08000 should be the correct offset for a 32kbyte Bin on a 512kbyte chip (64kb)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: File offset problem

Post by Holden202T »

i had the same issue with my new willem, i tried offsetting the file and that failed, but then offsetting in the program seemed to work fine!
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: File offset problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ok it must be the user fault yet again!

I tried stacking it & it still would fail but now at 0% so I thought maybe wrong chip so I've tried nmc27c512, nmc27c256 & nmc27c128b but all failing at 0 or 1% is there any way of identifying the eproms?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: File offset problem

Post by The1 »

if your using a willem gq4x it has id function. Is your chips erased properly?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: File offset problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks guys but just figured out I'm even stupider than I first thought! It's a memcal out of an 808 so 128 k eprom & trying to write a 32k ose file to it so it obviously won't fit!

On a similar note are the vn/vp/vr eprom's still nm27c128 & nm27c256 or just generic 27c128 & 27c256?
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: File offset problem

Post by yoda69 »

I normally set to generic then use the Willem to ID it as there are a couple of different ones used.