I'm starting to get the hang of TP5...
I've got the ECU connected to a laptop in my shed, so I can explore TP5 remotely from the comfort of my loungeroom while watching tv

I wired up an old o2 sensor I found in the shed this morning and it seems to pass the propane torch test, the spikes correlate to me waving the flame back and forth past the sensor once it was up to temperature:
o2.jpg
My PCBs arrived today, but not my component order - the DS1245Ys are on back order so they're waiting for stock
I could do up a quick adapter card and make my own nvsram chip out of a KM681000, DS1210 and CR2032s, but it was less effort to just order a couple nvsrams from another supplier, and scrounge around at work for the rest of the bits I need
I'm really happy with my USB->TTL bridge so far, I can't fault it except that the eeprom hack means that I've lost 9600bps capability on the uart unless I re-flash the device back to standard.
Not that I suppose it really matters, as it's now part of the ECU so I shouldn't ever need it to do anything besides 8192bps.
TP5 shows constant errors in between valid packets when logging with the OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx, but no errors at all when using the message 6 adx, or when downloading the cal etc. I first thought that the errors were interference or crosstalk on my uart, but seeing as they go away when using a different adx I don't think that's the case.
Is this maybe because the bin beacons message 6, and the OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx isn't interpreting the message correctly - but switching to the message 6 adx means the beacon messages are all understood?
I've had a quick look at the flash tool's message editor, and assume the adx has to match the specified message format?
Or I guess it could be that the ECU is sitting on the shed floor without a car connected, so some of the data would probably be considered invalid?
hmmm... a lot more reading required, I think

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.