Small update but hopefully a sign of good things to come.
The owner replaced the "new" TPS today and in the course of doing so noticed that the sleeve inside the TPS mechanism that cups the end of the throttle body butterfly shaft was munched to say the least.
We will RT it again tomorrow night but the cause of this damage is still unknown.
What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
Wen to RT the car again tonight and ran into another issue/s. I had loaded Jaymes 286 cam bin into the DS1245Y just to start it on and intended on loading in a nice bin I've worked on away from the car.
The car started and ran albeit mega rich with the 286 tune and as soon as I tried to load bin from emulator to tp the a/c fan came on. Could not establish a link to the ecu at all. No dash, no alterations were able to be made.
I closed TP and tried to extract the bin with Flashtool but could not establish a connection with that either.
I checked over my tuning ecu and it "looks" good. Not sure how else to check it really but all the solder joins seem to be firmly intact still which narrows it down to the DS1245Y losing its shit.
Any ideas? I'm about ready to go n but Kal lol. It's that bad!
The car started and ran albeit mega rich with the 286 tune and as soon as I tried to load bin from emulator to tp the a/c fan came on. Could not establish a link to the ecu at all. No dash, no alterations were able to be made.
I closed TP and tried to extract the bin with Flashtool but could not establish a connection with that either.
I checked over my tuning ecu and it "looks" good. Not sure how else to check it really but all the solder joins seem to be firmly intact still which narrows it down to the DS1245Y losing its shit.
Any ideas? I'm about ready to go n but Kal lol. It's that bad!
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
Are you sure your clicking the down arrow thats getting the bin, seems odd that the read causes the ECU to go into limp mode
Does a get cal or get bin in the flashtool cause the same issue? Did you try removing the R/W jumper?
I can send you a replacement NVRAM board if you want to try that as it def should not corrupt this often, heaps of people run these daily and read and write all the time.
I can send you a replacement NVRAM board if you want to try that as it def should not corrupt this often, heaps of people run these daily and read and write all the time.
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
Tried it without the r/w jumper but that was just to move the car around the driveway. I fitted the r/w jumper In preparation to RT and then the a/c fan came on.
Weird thing is that the car still starts and drives well enough to move it around. Have to double foot it though as it us running larger injectors.
Not too sure if it's a nvram fault or not. I have another ecu here so will swap the comms hardware over and re write a base cal to the nvram. After that if it still plays up I may just take you up on that offer
Weird thing is that the car still starts and drives well enough to move it around. Have to double foot it though as it us running larger injectors.
Not too sure if it's a nvram fault or not. I have another ecu here so will swap the comms hardware over and re write a base cal to the nvram. After that if it still plays up I may just take you up on that offer
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
Ok, see how it goes and let me know.
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
Just to clarify Ryan. It's not the downwards arrow/ read that makes it go into lhm. Was when I selected emulate and tried to sync the ecu to TP.VL400 wrote:Are you sure your clicking the down arrow thats getting the bin, seems odd that the read causes the ECU to go into limp modeDoes a get cal or get bin in the flashtool cause the same issue? Did you try removing the R/W jumper?
Both TP and Flashtool (not open at the same time) do not see the ecu
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
What steps are you using to sync the ECU to TP?
Once the fan is on then nothing is going to connect to it
Next time it happens read the bin out before programming a bin and post it up.
Once the fan is on then nothing is going to connect to it
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
I first opened the dash and 2nd was to open a bin from my laptop, 3rd was to start emulating and then click the downwards arrow to download bin from emulator. This was all done with the engine off and ignition at acc
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
you dont actually need to start emulating till after youve download the bin, all enabling emulation does is tuens the save button into an update button in your xdf items. the download function is independent of that. I open tp5, open the xdf I need, download bin from emulator to tunerpro, then click start emulating. it shouldnt make much difference tho, but its the only differenceI can think of.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?
i've done it both ways and never had issues with it ....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread