Ok I've been looking for a cheap VR 16183082 manual ECM...
I want to have a look at OSE 12P... so far they are either not available
or they want to much ....
If anyone knows a good way to get a cheap one I'd appreciate any help.
Yeah I've got plenty of 808's
Started looking for a 3082 and got a bit of a shock at how "rare" they are...
Not many manual VR's local wrecker who's been kind in the past
with ECM's of various descriptions said mostly Ute's....
Kinda hoped there was a hidden supply hiding somewhere
Had a look at the pinouts.
Same config as an 808 less the serial data pin.
I'm thinking that the only real differance would be the CAN data circuit.
So no good for a vehicle with multiple Controllers on the same network....
Cause comms errors and VATS probs as well....
Only good for VN - VQ
and projects....
Correct me if i'm wrong.....
The '3082 is basically an '808 with the ALDL data chip. The SXR emulator board emulates that missing chip providing the one wire ALDL bus - VATS then works fine with it, just like a real '3082. The only disadvantage of a SXR board equipped '808 is your pockets will be much heavier than if you managed to buy a '3082.
I've gotten VN to VS ecm's for $30 got a shock when none of the local wreckers had any..
Asked the price if they had one and he said $150...
Looked on eBay and there was one for $195....
For what I'm doing not worth the outlay...