Hey All,
I have a guy tats converted his car to charged & from auto to manual & wants me to turn off ALL the torque management stuff!
Is there a simple switch or flag to turn it all off or a coolant threshold I can just raise so it never sees that temp?
Cheers in advance VX L67 Getrag
$bd torque management switch off
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $bd torque management switch off
O.k. the thread hasn't been out there that long but as the lack of response is there particular torque management strategies that are best to switch off from peoples experience?
I'm actually going to just use a manual file as the torque strategies for the auto are useless, but there are quite a few spark management tables & scalars!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
I'm actually going to just use a manual file as the torque strategies for the auto are useless, but there are quite a few spark management tables & scalars!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $bd torque management switch off
O.K.,
So I guess no 1 knows about the torque management stuff or if hey do there keeping it close to them?
Another hairy 1 that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but just throwing it out there, did GM delete the High Flow & High Temp enrichment stuff when the went to VX flash based pcm's & just have the cat protection stuff in it's place?
Cheers again VX L67 Getrag
So I guess no 1 knows about the torque management stuff or if hey do there keeping it close to them?
Another hairy 1 that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but just throwing it out there, did GM delete the High Flow & High Temp enrichment stuff when the went to VX flash based pcm's & just have the cat protection stuff in it's place?
Cheers again VX L67 Getrag
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: $bd torque management switch off
there should be a scalar for torque management somewhere you can prob just make that 0, as far as i know there isn't a flag as such to disable TM. I will have a look later to find the scalar if no one else has info.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: $bd torque management switch off
try 6B81, it's just raw 8 bit. Should be the scalar for TM.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $bd torque management switch off
Awesome! I'll give it a go & let you know!
I was also thinking maybe the torque management might be disabled if I disable the trac control, but thought there's probably more torque strategies than that especially for the autos!
I was also thinking maybe the torque management might be disabled if I disable the trac control, but thought there's probably more torque strategies than that especially for the autos!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: $bd torque management switch off
can't say ive looked into TM much as what ive worked on it's basicly turned off.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $bd torque management switch off
It looks like that scalar is at $6BB8 in the $06a stuff if anyone needs it, & the torque tables go all the way to $6D33 in that cal if anyone needs it or wants to look into it!