$bd torque management switch off

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

$bd torque management switch off

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All,

I have a guy tats converted his car to charged & from auto to manual & wants me to turn off ALL the torque management stuff!

Is there a simple switch or flag to turn it all off or a coolant threshold I can just raise so it never sees that temp?

Cheers in advance VX L67 Getrag
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.k. the thread hasn't been out there that long but as the lack of response is there particular torque management strategies that are best to switch off from peoples experience?

I'm actually going to just use a manual file as the torque strategies for the auto are useless, but there are quite a few spark management tables & scalars!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.K.,

So I guess no 1 knows about the torque management stuff or if hey do there keeping it close to them?

Another hairy 1 that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but just throwing it out there, did GM delete the High Flow & High Temp enrichment stuff when the went to VX flash based pcm's & just have the cat protection stuff in it's place?

Cheers again VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by The1 »

there should be a scalar for torque management somewhere you can prob just make that 0, as far as i know there isn't a flag as such to disable TM. I will have a look later to find the scalar if no one else has info.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by The1 »

try 6B81, it's just raw 8 bit. Should be the scalar for TM.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Awesome! I'll give it a go & let you know!

I was also thinking maybe the torque management might be disabled if I disable the trac control, but thought there's probably more torque strategies than that especially for the autos!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by The1 »

can't say ive looked into TM much as what ive worked on it's basicly turned off.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: $bd torque management switch off

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It looks like that scalar is at $6BB8 in the $06a stuff if anyone needs it, & the torque tables go all the way to $6D33 in that cal if anyone needs it or wants to look into it!