Thanks guys was pretty sure it was 2nd, I'm just worried about inaccurate fueling if not completely open throttle while I'm making the power line flat!
I'll give it a go though! Cheers!
Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
if you put it in D2, then change D2 2-3 to like 60km/h then 3-2 to 205 it should change into 3rd at 60km/h and goto redline.
EDIT: you might need to set 2-1 to 205 so you dont hit first at 150
Redline in Third shouldn't be near 200km/h???
EDIT: you might need to set 2-1 to 205 so you dont hit first at 150
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Cool, Thanks I shall give it a go!
does this mean it will over ride what is commanded in the shift speed table for D2? or should I be modifying that too?
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
does this mean it will over ride what is commanded in the shift speed table for D2? or should I be modifying that too?
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
manual selection doesn't seem to use the shift tables. i had changed this for someone before to stay in 1st and seemed to work.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
well this particular beast made 114 rwkw in second gear @ 5500 rpm, now I'm going to put a stage 2 cam in it & will post up the results in 2nd gear to compare & then the proper run in 3rd gear!
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your help!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Still A LOT more work to go I got an extra 10% with having a shit tune in it so far with stage 2 cam I'm expecting a lot better results once I've fine tuned it further!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
darcy
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
How big is the cam you are fitting?
220 @ .050?
220 @ .050?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Honestly, I haven't checked the spec's yet as customer supplied it, but I believe this is what it is:
* 216°/216° at .050"
* Intake Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* Exhaust Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* 111 LSA
I've also attached 1 before & after xdl for anyone's reference! but as I said no where near finished tuning!
Need to sort out fluctuating idle!
* 216°/216° at .050"
* Intake Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* Exhaust Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* 111 LSA
I've also attached 1 before & after xdl for anyone's reference! but as I said no where near finished tuning!
Need to sort out fluctuating idle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
I think I just noticed why the idle issue!!!
It's fluctuating from 5 deg's to 35 deg's timing at idle, If I go closed loop idle will it settle the spark down or is that just for air flow?
What idea's to settle idle spark is it the same as kalmaker type tuning?
Cheers VX L67 getrag
It's fluctuating from 5 deg's to 35 deg's timing at idle, If I go closed loop idle will it settle the spark down or is that just for air flow?
What idea's to settle idle spark is it the same as kalmaker type tuning?
Cheers VX L67 getrag