Turbo vn bush hack
-
BIGALSRYD
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am
Re: Turbo vn bush hack
Well managed to sort it. Not sure exactly what it was but unsoldered and resoldered a new socket. Burnt a fresh chip and it all worked. Only went for a quick squirt and goes pretty hard. Will need to add bov it seems as it blew the intake piping off. Still pretty rich and got knock retard when I was on and off the throttle because of wheel spin but will play more with that more tomorrow.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Turbo vn bush hack
I think you'll need a heat shield between the turbo and the coils!!!
-
BIGALSRYD
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am
Re: Turbo vn bush hack
Yeah, I was thinking that, but its actually not too bad. That might change when I put the bonnet back on though.
-
thatsit
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 am
- cars: vn clappa
Re: Turbo vn bush hack
hows the build going?
-
BIGALSRYD
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am
Re: Turbo vn bush hack
Was going awesome still fairly rich in the low 10's under boost then after a couple days of playing around started breaking down. Did a compression test as it was pushing oil out the breather and number one cylinder was no good. Pulled the head off and gasket was still fine so must have done a ring. I'd say this one had just done too many k's to give a hard time. Got a spare bottom end I'll throw in this weekend if I get time and try again. Not sure how the tranny will cope, she is pretty doughy. The car looks like its had a hard life, when I pulled the manifold off it wasn't pretty. Looked like it still might have been running the same oil from the factory floor