More Willem Programer help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by antus »

Which makes me think, would the stock narrowband o2 sensor work at that AFR?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by Jayme »

I believe it would as the stock sensor measures lambda 1 of whatever fuel you are running. lambda 1 of pertol is 14.7, lambda 1 of methanol = 6.4 so I reckon it shoyuld work sweet.

EDIT: oh yeah, and dotn forget to change "F56: Cold Engine A/F Ratio vs Coolant Temp and MAP" to your new AFR's too or youll have major lean-age when your engine is cold :P
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by delcowizzid »

it will run with just the injector size lowered to suit its set for 36lb super 6 injectors which is probably what your drilled out ones are roughly so it would be running pump gas fueling right now .half the injector size in the tune its a bit funny this one it goes lower for smaller injectors so just half it then try start the car it should run then just move the injector size till its pretty sweet for the majority of the tune and youll be away ready to fine tune with VE

if you want the tables to show the actual methanol ratio doing what jayme and holden202 suggested should work it wont effect the tune at all just makes adjusting ratios easier if you are used to working in methanol ratio's
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by v6bucket »

Some good info here, I haven't been able to get near the computer much today,trying to get carby big block Chev running properly. I'll have a fiddle in the morning so we can try it. The car isn't street driven & hasn't got the O2 sensor connected,so run in open loop all the time.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by delcowizzid »

youll need to turn off the closed loop function using the temp flag to activate closed loop and then turn off the error code and check engine light for it or it will run funny without one connected they default rich as without on plugged in
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by v6bucket »

As I have 32 leg chips & 28 pin sockets I'm unable to use a chip this weekend & the only chip that I could use I can't erase it as I haven't got a UV eraser.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Six_Shooter
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 am
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by Six_Shooter »

v6bucket wrote:As I have 32 leg chips & 28 pin sockets I'm unable to use a chip this weekend & the only chip that I could use I can't erase it as I haven't got a UV eraser.
Been there.

At least the having only a UV erasable EPROM, and not wanting to burn to it.

Is there not a way to set the address lines to use the 32 pin EEPROM in place of a 28 pin EPROM, a lot like using a 28 pin EPROM in place of a 24 pin EPROM?

In the '7747 (US Delco TBI ECM), to use a 28 pin EPROM, such as the SST 27SF512, in place of the original 2732(a) EPROM, pins 1,2, 26, 27 and 18 need to be shorted to set the proper address lines for the ECM to use the EEPROM and program the bin to the lowest 4K of the EEPROM.

I know Moates has an adaptor, that will allow multiple bins to be held on a 4Mb EEPROM (32 pins), that can be used in US Delco ECMs that originally used 28 pin EPROMs, such as the 27c256/512. I don't know the details on how to make it work, but I'm sure the information could be found.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by v6bucket »

What your saying above six_shooter is probably correct, but as this is electronics it's a bit out of my league :hmm:. We we raced the little Dato 1200 coupe yesterday & he ran a 7.79sec 1/8th mile which was 8.0sec previously using a std memcal,15psi of boost & no signs of detonation on the plugs. :thumbup:
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by v6bucket »

I been busy with the rebuild of a couple of motors lately so haven't had much time to play with chip burning etc.We have put the Dato on a dyno at a recent car show that was in shootout mode & it turns out that is running out of fuel in the top end,which appears to be a fuel pump that is too small, so a Bosch 044 is on the way. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have purchased 32 pin chips & 28 pin sockets, can the chips be plugged into these sockets that have been fitted into the delco computer?
Or can I get 28 pin chips that don't need a uv eraser?(if so,from where)
Your thoughts & comments.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: More Willem Programer help

Post by Jayme »

27SF512 is 28 pin and elecronically eraseable. I use htem in my 808 all the time. plenty to be had on ebay.