Vl400 is correct, I'd actual doubled it as the engine ony fires each cylinder once every 2 revolutions, more used to sequential than batch fire.
Yoda69
Help with tuning
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help with tuning
Ok I get now cheers.
I adjusted the desired idle rpm today, it made the iac drop after it was set again, now the idle screw is all the way out and still sits on 0 steps.
I had no error codes pop up besides a dizzy one, and a trans error they only flashed on and off for a second?
If I have worked it out correctly I get 84% for duty cycle.
I adjusted the desired idle rpm today, it made the iac drop after it was set again, now the idle screw is all the way out and still sits on 0 steps.
I had no error codes pop up besides a dizzy one, and a trans error they only flashed on and off for a second?
If I have worked it out correctly I get 84% for duty cycle.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Help with tuning
if your idle screw is right out and the iac is still on 0 steps then my guess is you either have something stopping the throttle from closing right up (accelerator cable maybE) or you have a vaccum leak somewhere thats causing it to get it more air than just around the butterfly.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help with tuning
My car has been suspect to vacuum leak since I built it, everything has been checked and rechecked. I cannot find a leak, I even eyed my manifold up on the engine before installing to check for gaps.
Had a slight gap where the manifold meets the heads on the top edge but pulls flush when bolted down, never a sign of a leak on old gaskets. It was thought that maybe cam was to blame but specs should not cause the problem. Does not like to idle, wants to idle like a ported rotary, but something is giving me a splutter every few seconds than than rar rar rar rar pop pop rar rar pop pop rar rar rar rar rar. It's had engine builders stuffed! But she will drive with out missing a beat?
Crappy idle I have lived with.
I will pull of my throttle body today and have a look around, I guess it would throw a code if it's wiring ti iac.
Had a slight gap where the manifold meets the heads on the top edge but pulls flush when bolted down, never a sign of a leak on old gaskets. It was thought that maybe cam was to blame but specs should not cause the problem. Does not like to idle, wants to idle like a ported rotary, but something is giving me a splutter every few seconds than than rar rar rar rar pop pop rar rar pop pop rar rar rar rar rar. It's had engine builders stuffed! But she will drive with out missing a beat?
Crappy idle I have lived with.
I will pull of my throttle body today and have a look around, I guess it would throw a code if it's wiring ti iac.
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help with tuning
Also managed to sort out the iac, the throttle cable was too tight.
Incressed desired idle to 9000rpm, it also changes with coolant temp and when setting desired rpm and when driving.
This has also changed my Wideband reading, i got 13.3 wot, was around low 12's high 11's.
Incressed desired idle to 9000rpm, it also changes with coolant temp and when setting desired rpm and when driving.
This has also changed my Wideband reading, i got 13.3 wot, was around low 12's high 11's.
-
gibbo
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 am
- cars: Fx Holden, Hilux 4wd VS V6 4l60-e LPG
- Location: Adelaide SA
Re: Help with tuning
Thats a pretty high idle 
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help with tuning
Yeh not wrong but seems I bit happier there. How can this throw out FR.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Help with tuning
i can't see how that would change WOT readings .....
what map reading do you get at idle and what does the wideband say ?
what map reading do you get at idle and what does the wideband say ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: Help with tuning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Help with tuning
well going off the idle map sensor 75 kpa ... is pretty high, the cam must be fairly big to do that it would probably be more happy with more spark advance at idle too .... but its pretty eratic, do you have the same main spark numbers in the idle rpm area as in the idle spark table ?
the wideband is pretty much spot on the target AFR at idle, 14.1 i reckon its not in idle afr table at that point ...
i wouldn't be surprised if it would want a bit richer idle too, but thats just something you need to work out from trial and error i guess.
the wideband is pretty much spot on the target AFR at idle, 14.1 i reckon its not in idle afr table at that point ...
i wouldn't be surprised if it would want a bit richer idle too, but thats just something you need to work out from trial and error i guess.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread