Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post by VL400 »

Looks like it was meant to be there! Nice work. The breathers on the tank wont be fun but the fumes in the shed will have you lookin like :wtf:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

don't i already look like that normally hahaha :P

the breathers shouldn't be TOO hard, but i need to put the vn filler neck on there, thats the unknown for me at the moment .... it looks like the filler has like 15 million connections on it for breathers so the ones on the tank can connect to all them and then i'll just run one back to the charcoal can .... i'm just hoping the bend in the filler neck will fit in my torana hole and mate up with the pipe ..... toranas have the filler behind the number plate at the back .....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well its finally all done engineer certificate sorted, rego updated as per engineering and paid for another year!!

i want to get pulled up by a cop now cause there ain't nothing they can sting me for anymore hahahah :punk:

i guess that ends another chapter in my shed ..... right on to the other 50 projects :wall:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Nice one, thats gotta feel good!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah your not wrong man ... its the first car i've ever had (since 1998) that has been modified and had everything ticked off :D
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Good shit mate, nice feeling being all legal- they can still bust ya for low flying tho :lol:

Bored yet? whats next in the shed?
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

never bored :wtf:

currently in the shed is the gemini with the motor out of it (see race motor #1 thread) so thats my main goal at the moment ... i've been cleaning and painting the firewall where i've modded it and its now the right colour .... i actually found a colour almost identical to the gem paint at supercheap in a pressure pack so thats handy.

just before the wedding i fitted a transpak kit to the gemini powerglide its now "competition spec" and according to the b&m booklet it should only be trailered to the track and not driven .... maybe i will need a neck support for it heheheh

hopefully get the head back on wednesday and im hasslin my mate who has a mill to machine the tops off my pistons so then i can get them in the motor to work out how much needs to come off the top of the block .....

also went through my 15 million gasket kit remains and it appears i have pretty much all the gaskets i need to rebuild the motor without needing to buy a kit so thats handy!!

all this will keep me busy for a few weeks and by that time i will have worked out whats next hahaha

still trying to decide if i should go carby or efi methanol ..... that gives me an idea for another thread hahah :P
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Holden202 wrote:still trying to decide if i should go carby or efi methanol .....
You say that like the answer is not obvious? :lol:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

:wall:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well today has seen the hydraulic 4L60 come out of the torana along with the 808 and vn loom and in went a 4L60E and vs loom and pcm .... so its now a legitimate ecotec now!

so, with my ecotec map based tune on 91 octane fuel i was getting approx 11.75L/100kms .... some of these tanks were with trailer and stuff like that so its slightly higher but i'm hoping to get it closer to 10's with the new setup ....

also planning to experiment with some auto gearbox changes to the bin file to see if i can get the auto a bit more responsive without a shift kit etc.

so initial drive seems to show that the maf tune goes fairly similar to how it did with the 808 but seems to drive a bit smoother so will be interesting to see in a week or so.