.bin ID

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
muttley383
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 am
cars: VR 383 stroker

.bin ID

Post by muttley383 »

Hi,

can someone have a look and see if the attached .bin makes sense.
It is from a Chip Torque memcal and I dont know if I read it properly. I set the eprom reader for 27C512.

Thanks

mod edit: bin removed
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: .bin ID

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm no expert but 1st half was blank so deleted it& still couldn't get it to ID, the 2nd half of what is left is very empty apart from 2nd last line, but it does look like there's reference to a possible ford section(but just a guess?)

mod edit: bin removed.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: .bin ID

Post by The1 »

doesn't look any good, what eprom is it from?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: .bin ID

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What programmer did you use, some of them have an ID eeprom function to make sure it was the type you selected?
User avatar
muttley383
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 am
cars: VR 383 stroker

Re: .bin ID

Post by muttley383 »

I use the Willem programmer, see attached images.

I believe that the memcal is supposed to be for a stroker VN group A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: .bin ID

Post by The1 »

prob wont get a good read because of the protection, id say you'd have to desolder the eeprom and read it direct.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: .bin ID

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

After that little bit more info, the 2nd & most of 3rd line lines up with VRv8 $3c BKBK0148?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: .bin ID

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Had a closer look & definitely looks like its a moded version of that bin, but bytes added & changed in places which I could try move around to get most of it to line up, but there's no xdf for that revision so not much point I don't think?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: .bin ID

Post by antus »

ok well sorry to rain on the party but copyright and all that. bins removed. Feel free to talk about it, but cant post any copyright content (even though there is no message in it).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: .bin ID

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh cool didn't know it was copyrighted....

So the last hour or so because I was bored waiting for customers to drop there car off to me to get it to line up with the BKBK file it was made out of can I post that up?