VL RB30 NA
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
VL RB30 NA
I was wondering if you guys can set me in the right direction to work on a VL RB30 NA,
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VL RB30 NA
I know there was a RB30 type bin around & may have a copy but I haven't even looked at the PCM yet as I think I PM'd Jayme & it sounded too complicated?!
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: VL RB30 NA
yeah I have heard there is soldering involved..
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VL RB30 NA
there is an XDF around for them, you can unsolder the chip, its a 27c128, replace it with a socket, reprogram it with a burner. The problem is they never came with any sort of consult or data logging interface. so wahtever you do you are doing it blind... the only way to get a data log is to go and buy nistune for it, in which case, for the cost, you may as well have converted it to delco imo 
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VL RB30 NA
or use a chip emulator like a moates ostrich and do it on a dyno with it reporting torque and wideband data. But, i'd still convert to delco or nistune.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: VL RB30 NA
Sweet I have an Ostrich so I might have a go at looking into it and maybe reading the chip and look for an XDF that looks right
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VL RB30 NA
theres an xdf right at the top of the holden xdf thread. not sure how right it is. let us know how you go.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: VL RB30 NA
ok hes going to post me a computer and I will suck it and see. might be a week or two and if there is soldering required I might need a hand on that side of things, will see.
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VL RB30 NA
you'll still need to solder in a socket to use the ostrich (unless of course someone else has beat you to it!)
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: VL RB30 NA
I believe that soldering in the adapter is a little bit fiddly and you can cause damage?