Hi all,
My first post, I am looking at a EFI V8 engine out of a VR for my LJ Torana.
There is no loom but evertything else bar the o2 sensor and vss is included.
I can get a Vn loom for it but wanted to know if the ignition modules are compatible between the different age engines - so I can plug up to the Vn loom.
Cheers
EFi V8 Ign Modules
-
Linesy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
- cars: LJ Torana
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules
VN-VS 5L all have the same module
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules
There is a common internal circuit board soldering issue they have too isn't there?
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules
depends what you mean by common... ive never seen one die personally, and I know a lot of people with 5Liters
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules
Oh really, I'm a mechanic & only work on a handful over the years but know of 2 I've had to replace & know the main auto elec re-conditioner's reco them fairly cheap so thought it must be something fairly simple!
-
Linesy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
- cars: LJ Torana
Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules
Thats great, thanks guys