EFi V8 Ign Modules

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Linesy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
cars: LJ Torana

EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by Linesy »

Hi all,

My first post, I am looking at a EFI V8 engine out of a VR for my LJ Torana.
There is no loom but evertything else bar the o2 sensor and vss is included.


I can get a Vn loom for it but wanted to know if the ignition modules are compatible between the different age engines - so I can plug up to the Vn loom.

Cheers
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by Jayme »

VN-VS 5L all have the same module
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

There is a common internal circuit board soldering issue they have too isn't there?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by Jayme »

depends what you mean by common... ive never seen one die personally, and I know a lot of people with 5Liters
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh really, I'm a mechanic & only work on a handful over the years but know of 2 I've had to replace & know the main auto elec re-conditioner's reco them fairly cheap so thought it must be something fairly simple!
Linesy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
cars: LJ Torana

Re: EFi V8 Ign Modules

Post by Linesy »

Thats great, thanks guys