VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

vlad01 wrote:Shite! thought I never see another blue vacationer like mine in my life.

lol looks exactly like mine minus the wheels :thumbup:

Cheers mate, I don't think they made many in the ocean blue colour.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by Holden202T »

is that a fuel pump or some sort of solenoid ??
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by vlad01 »

sure wasn't, apparently there was only 11,500 VP vacationers made in total and blue was the least made from them.

I seen a hand full of white, 2 green ones and yours is the first blue one I seen since the 6 years I owned mine.

here is mine taken last year, looks a lot worse now. I use it for work and do 50-60k a year on average.

Image

Image
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

Holden202T wrote:is that a fuel pump or some sort of solenoid ??
That's the oil scavenge pump
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

vlad01 wrote:sure wasn't, apparently there was only 11,500 VP vacationers made in total and blue was the least made from them.

I seen a hand full of white, 2 green ones and yours is the first blue one I seen since the 6 years I owned mine.

here is mine taken last year, looks a lot worse now. I use it for work and do 50-60k a year on average.

Looks good, can't say i've seen other blue ones either. I like the fact it has cruise control and front power windows. Did you loose the A/C?
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

This is the turbo, just a t3/t4 cheapie. Don't worry the actuator has been replaced since photo was taken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by Jayme »

I hope you plan on using 2 of them :P
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

Jayme wrote:I hope you plan on using 2 of them :P
Just the one. If it makes 200rwkw @ 10 psi I will be happy :driving:
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by Jayme »

we have 2 turbos on our stock v6, each about the same size as that turbo (TD05 18g) , they are nicely sized but I cant imagine having just one. watch our for pingaling at high rpm when it runs out of flow.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by Holden202T »

do you have a website link or turbo specs ?