A few issues with VX V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by The1 »

thanks ill check and update, some of the items in the xdf were a some were b and some were wrong lol
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Lawso if you want to flash this full bin in & then use the $BD(b) xdf but you'll need to use the tech2 after the full flash to link the BCM simulator & the PCM if that needs to be done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lawso
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute
Location: Campbelltown NSW

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by Lawso »

I had the opportunity this morning to try out the A XDF to change the fan temps. Worked like a charm!

So I can varify that the fan temp items in the XDF work.

I now have one very happy Hilux owner!

Thanks to all for the assistance!
Lawso
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute
Location: Campbelltown NSW

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by Lawso »

VX L67 Getrag, I tried to communicate with the BCM simulator yesterday with no luck. So I was a little hesitant to change the BIN.

I have one here so I might try to find a VX PCM and harness and set up a bench harness so that I can play with it a little more.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by VL400 »

Does it need the BCM sim? If its just there for VATS, can disable it in the calibration and have one less thing to worry about.
Lawso
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute
Location: Campbelltown NSW

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by Lawso »

I tried to disable it when i flashed a different bin to the pcm. It didn't work so i didn't want to push my luck
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by Holden202T »

do you have to bypass the checksum also ?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by The1 »

did you try vats off with the latest xdf, should work..

I have vx/vy flash pcm's on the bench and have tested it
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by The1 »

i changed the old version in B version and checked and uploaded the latest A version, so we can keep both rolling.
Lawso
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute
Location: Campbelltown NSW

Re: A few issues with VX V6

Post by Lawso »

Thanks mate. It will make life a little easier next time.