Hi Guys,
Hopefully someone can help me out.
Trying to tune a VS V8 Auto with BWCS9976 memcal.
I have uploaded the std memcal and burnt a chip with Tunerpro and all is fine.
As soon as I change any value at all and burn a new chip I keep getting code 51 Memcal error.
I have tried setting the Checksum to AA with no success.
I have tried a few different XDF's with no success.
What am i doing wrong ??????
Cheers
Rob
VS V8 Auto problem
-
robrap
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
- cars: vs
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
the AA is all you should need assuming it is burning correctly, can you upload the stock and modified tunes along with your xdf ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
robrap
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
- cars: vs
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
Here are the bins and XDF I have used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
You modified bin RR Tune4 does not have AA set, its still 83.
-
robrap
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
- cars: vs
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
Yes I know that file only has the Ve table modified slightly.
I have tried other files with AA Set and it still throws code 51.
I am basically trying to change 1 parameter at a time to see what is causing it.
Like I said If I burn a chip without touching anything at all it is fine so I would assume the burning is not corrupt.
The second I modify any table at all, eg I am trying to disable the Knock sensor code 43 it plays up and throws code51 memcal error.
I have tried other files with AA Set and it still throws code 51.
I am basically trying to change 1 parameter at a time to see what is causing it.
Like I said If I burn a chip without touching anything at all it is fine so I would assume the burning is not corrupt.
The second I modify any table at all, eg I am trying to disable the Knock sensor code 43 it plays up and throws code51 memcal error.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
the reason i wanted you to upload the modified tune with AA in it was to make sure it was all right! 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
robrap
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
- cars: vs
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
Have a look at this one please. AA set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
i can't see any reason why it wouldn't be working ....
although is it normal that the checksum is zero in ???? (anyone)
when i changed the AA to 83 saved, then changed back to AA then re-saved the checksum numbers changed from zero to other stuff ...
failing that its possibly not writing to the memcal properly ?
although is it normal that the checksum is zero in ???? (anyone)
when i changed the AA to 83 saved, then changed back to AA then re-saved the checksum numbers changed from zero to other stuff ...
failing that its possibly not writing to the memcal properly ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
Dont know what is going on, but i just burnt a chip for my vs using the bwcs tune and changed a couple of settings then set the checksum to 170(AA) runs fine no errors.
So maybe someone can shed some light on why $6006 and $6007 have gone to zero in your tune as mine stayed on the original codes $6006=BD and $6007=97.
Sorry might have to wait for someone who is alot smarter than me.
Cheers.
So maybe someone can shed some light on why $6006 and $6007 have gone to zero in your tune as mine stayed on the original codes $6006=BD and $6007=97.
Sorry might have to wait for someone who is alot smarter than me.
Cheers.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto problem
no the zeor ones was the one you posted with the AA checksum, when i re-saved it they changed.
that mgith be why it didn't work ... not sure.
that mgith be why it didn't work ... not sure.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread