VS V8 Auto problem

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
robrap
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
cars: vs

VS V8 Auto problem

Post by robrap »

Hi Guys,
Hopefully someone can help me out.
Trying to tune a VS V8 Auto with BWCS9976 memcal.
I have uploaded the std memcal and burnt a chip with Tunerpro and all is fine.
As soon as I change any value at all and burn a new chip I keep getting code 51 Memcal error.
I have tried setting the Checksum to AA with no success.
I have tried a few different XDF's with no success.
What am i doing wrong ??????

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by Holden202T »

the AA is all you should need assuming it is burning correctly, can you upload the stock and modified tunes along with your xdf ?
robrap
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
cars: vs

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by robrap »

Here are the bins and XDF I have used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by VL400 »

You modified bin RR Tune4 does not have AA set, its still 83.
robrap
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
cars: vs

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by robrap »

Yes I know that file only has the Ve table modified slightly.
I have tried other files with AA Set and it still throws code 51.

I am basically trying to change 1 parameter at a time to see what is causing it.
Like I said If I burn a chip without touching anything at all it is fine so I would assume the burning is not corrupt.
The second I modify any table at all, eg I am trying to disable the Knock sensor code 43 it plays up and throws code51 memcal error.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by Holden202T »

the reason i wanted you to upload the modified tune with AA in it was to make sure it was all right! :P
robrap
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am
cars: vs

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by robrap »

Have a look at this one please. AA set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by Holden202T »

i can't see any reason why it wouldn't be working ....

although is it normal that the checksum is zero in ???? (anyone)

when i changed the AA to 83 saved, then changed back to AA then re-saved the checksum numbers changed from zero to other stuff ...

failing that its possibly not writing to the memcal properly ?
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by vs ss »

Dont know what is going on, but i just burnt a chip for my vs using the bwcs tune and changed a couple of settings then set the checksum to 170(AA) runs fine no errors.
So maybe someone can shed some light on why $6006 and $6007 have gone to zero in your tune as mine stayed on the original codes $6006=BD and $6007=97.
Sorry might have to wait for someone who is alot smarter than me. :oops:
Cheers.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto problem

Post by Holden202T »

no the zeor ones was the one you posted with the AA checksum, when i re-saved it they changed.

that mgith be why it didn't work ... not sure.