Converting from Kal to TP5

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gmh265
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 am

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by gmh265 »

Ok,

Have managed to suck the binfile out of my chipT memcal using Vl400's flash tool (awesome!)

Now here is where I get stuck. using The1's memcal id tool (awesome again!) I get this (attached image)

So I go to the VS v8 tab in the id tool to get the xdf, however there is no xdf in the $5A folder, there is a .ecu file though? whats that?

Any ideas on where to go from here? I did open the bin using the ose .xdf and It looks like some stuff is correct but its definitely not all good.

cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gmh265
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 am

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by gmh265 »

Here is the bin just in case..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

ecu file is tuner pro old type of xdf, you can go to the tab & open ecu file & convert to xdf!
gmh265
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 am

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by gmh265 »

Thanks VX, just worked that one out!

COmparing my BIN to a BLJX6413 is looking good, a lot of the values are identical.

I will keep playing.

Is there any way in TP to highlight or mark the changes between the loaded bin and the compare bin (lie in motec software?)

cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by Holden202T »

in the tools menu there is a difference tool that allows you to display which tables differ.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by Dylan »

antus wrote:Yeah, I started out on kalmaker sp3 too, before meeting some of the other admins here and deciding we had the skills between us to create something better and more modern :)

This is my spreadsheet for converting sp3 sized VE tables to 12p. It may come in useful together with the sp3 xdf.

The hardware is compatible.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, i am also moving camp from kalmaker (i'm finding it hard to set up TP5)
I noticed you have that SP3 converter, How could i go about doing it with a SP2 tune?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by antus »

If its a kalmaker N00 then grab the N00 xdf from here under kalmaker, and use that to read the bin. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... hp?f=7&t=5
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by Dylan »

Stupid me actually posted before I looked at it, I have a SP2 tune but I have SP3 software. I had my car dyno tuned but I didnt bring my laptop because the shop had SP3 but on the day that laptop was stuffed so he dragged out another with SP2 installed. Any way we can suck that out of the ecu?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by Holden202T »

if you have the interface and everything to talk to your car you should be able to get the tune out of it.

i'm not sure if VL400's flashtool will detect kalmaker but i think it does.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Converting from Kal to TP5

Post by VL400 »

The flashtool will detect an SP3 bin, I dont know about other kal bins and how they will identify themselves. You should e able to read it through the custom memory mapping option if it cant ID the device.