Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

I got my red VN s1 with T5, can you see it?
IMG_0620_zps7a9e680d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vs ss »

Na but I can see where you changed gears :thumbup:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

This engine is insane! so much power its hard to believe its stock. Hopefully I might get some good money for it.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by VK_3800 »

Yeah the S1 manuals are pretty good down low, its all over by 4000rpm though!

edit: is it on the right in the trees?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

No, vs ss got it in one. You can see where its been though
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

bloody hoon ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

I don't hoon, i just drive to what the car is capable of. :D its called utilizing.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

I'm hearing ya, do that every time I drive my Gemini ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

finished cleaning and scraping all the seam sealer from the boot underside, started on the top today.

IMG_0636_zps10f30b43.jpg

Pulled the dash out of the parts berlina, the dash isn't too bad and is already the correct color that I want, so I am stashing it for now

IMG_0638_zpse7d6e378.jpg
And as I suspected the VP remotes match to the anti theft module.
IMG_0639_zps41a3b79a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

More work today!


tools :thumbup:
IMG_0646_zpsbdec3b9d.jpg

boot semi preped. Will do a complete sand when I am ready to start doing primer come spring.
IMG_0643_zpsb2568cb0.jpg
Had a go at blocking the existing factory primer. its super easy to sand and sould save me a lot of work and not requiring as much new primer.
IMG_0644_zps6145d8ae.jpg
After some few hours playing around with the dollys and hammer I got this part pretty good, filed it with the panel file I bought to check flatness and seem pretty damn close, did a bit more work after this pic was taken.
IMG_0649_zpse6eeed2b.jpg
some primer to see the result, looked pretty straight.
IMG_0650_zps5ed101e3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.