VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Marcus
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne

VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Marcus »

Hey guys,

I was told about this website a couple of days ago, but I cant seem to get my head around things.
I am currently in the process of building a track/drift car. I have a VR V6 Manual engine and T5 Gearbox. The engine is currently getting rebuilt. I plan on using E85 fuel and 1000cc injectors.

Where do I start? If iv'e missed, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Marcus.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by delcowizzid »

you start by swapping the T5 for something that can handle the torque of a v6 turbo or you will forever be replacing them LOL.have a look in custom code section at ose 12p its the 1 2 and 3 bar boosted code you will need to run on the ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Holden202T »

and in my signature is links to basic and advance tuning guide and the getting started guide.
Marcus
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Marcus »

Thanks!

So if I set up everything, is there someone that can dyno tune the car for me? I am very keen to learn, but not at the expense of a new motor
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Holden202T »

might be worth posting your location before anyone can say if they can help you :)
Marcus
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Marcus »

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. (Close to the CBD)
Marcus
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by Marcus »

This may be a silly question. But I have just put together my gearbox (t5) and have forgotten to put the gear for the speed sensor. Is this required?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by VL400 »

It wont stop it running but idle will never be as good when coming to a stop - the ECU uses it for detecting idle for spark and fuel, and also for idle speed control.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:you start by swapping the T5 for something that can handle the torque of a v6 turbo or you will forever be replacing them LOL.have a look in custom code section at ose 12p its the 1 2 and 3 bar boosted code you will need to run on the ecu

just have your t5 fitted with this.

note this is specifically for the unique v6 t5 box

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!

Post by vlad01 »

Marcus wrote:I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. (Close to the CBD)

I'd probably one of the closest. I am in central vic but I work in Melbourne.