Hey guys,
I was told about this website a couple of days ago, but I cant seem to get my head around things.
I am currently in the process of building a track/drift car. I have a VR V6 Manual engine and T5 Gearbox. The engine is currently getting rebuilt. I plan on using E85 fuel and 1000cc injectors.
Where do I start? If iv'e missed, please point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Marcus.
VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
-
Marcus
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
- Location: Melbourne
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
you start by swapping the T5 for something that can handle the torque of a v6 turbo or you will forever be replacing them LOL.have a look in custom code section at ose 12p its the 1 2 and 3 bar boosted code you will need to run on the ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
and in my signature is links to basic and advance tuning guide and the getting started guide.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Marcus
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
Thanks!
So if I set up everything, is there someone that can dyno tune the car for me? I am very keen to learn, but not at the expense of a new motor
So if I set up everything, is there someone that can dyno tune the car for me? I am very keen to learn, but not at the expense of a new motor
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
might be worth posting your location before anyone can say if they can help you 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Marcus
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. (Close to the CBD)
-
Marcus
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
This may be a silly question. But I have just put together my gearbox (t5) and have forgotten to put the gear for the speed sensor. Is this required?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
It wont stop it running but idle will never be as good when coming to a stop - the ECU uses it for detecting idle for spark and fuel, and also for idle speed control.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
delcowizzid wrote:you start by swapping the T5 for something that can handle the torque of a v6 turbo or you will forever be replacing them LOL.have a look in custom code section at ose 12p its the 1 2 and 3 bar boosted code you will need to run on the ecu
just have your t5 fitted with this.
note this is specifically for the unique v6 t5 box
http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VR V6 Turbo Manual Drift Car Build - Help!
Marcus wrote:I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. (Close to the CBD)
I'd probably one of the closest. I am in central vic but I work in Melbourne.