Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Grim304
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K

Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Grim304 »

Hi, I want to lock the e-auto in 3rd when I run it on the Dyno, is this possible?
Image
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Holden202T »

what model car ? what gearbox ?
User avatar
Grim304
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Grim304 »

its a VR SS with electronic auto
Image
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Holden202T »

i believe there is an aldl command to do it, i have no experience with that though. maybe someone else can help ?

there is also info on how to change your gearbox to manual type shifting somewhere aroun here, that might be an option ?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by VL400 »

Try this..
VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.zip
Has some commands to set and hold the solenoids for each gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Grim304
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Grim304 »

Grim304 wrote:Hi, I want to lock the e-auto in 3rd when I run it on the Dyno, is this possible?
Sorry I don't seem to understand what you have done?
I am a bit of a noob at this but trying to understand as much as possible
Image
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by VL400 »

Open the ADX file (unzip first) in TunerPro, check that the settings for your com port etc are done and then...
Send command.png


It sends a command that tells the PCM to select 3rd gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by antus »

Yep, and you might also need to turn on the send command menu, which is done by turning it on here. Its not enabled by default.
send command.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Grim304
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K

Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?

Post by Grim304 »

Sweet, cheers for that :)
Image