Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
Hi, I want to lock the e-auto in 3rd when I run it on the Dyno, is this possible?

-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
what model car ? what gearbox ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
i believe there is an aldl command to do it, i have no experience with that though. maybe someone else can help ?
there is also info on how to change your gearbox to manual type shifting somewhere aroun here, that might be an option ?
there is also info on how to change your gearbox to manual type shifting somewhere aroun here, that might be an option ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
Try this..
Has some commands to set and hold the solenoids for each gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
Sorry I don't seem to understand what you have done?Grim304 wrote:Hi, I want to lock the e-auto in 3rd when I run it on the Dyno, is this possible?
I am a bit of a noob at this but trying to understand as much as possible

-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
Open the ADX file (unzip first) in TunerPro, check that the settings for your com port etc are done and then...
It sends a command that tells the PCM to select 3rd gear.
It sends a command that tells the PCM to select 3rd gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Can I lock my auto in 3rd?
Yep, and you might also need to turn on the send command menu, which is done by turning it on here. Its not enabled by default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K