Is there an App for this site?
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Is there an App for this site?
I am on two other forums and they are using the Tapatalk app from apple. Just wondering if this forum is accessible from an iPhone
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Iv found I can only get on using a webbrowser on the iphone. Dont think its tapatalk supported yet. Im sure its on the todo list *hint hint Antus*nes304 wrote:I am on two other forums and they are using the Tapatalk app from apple. Just wondering if this forum is accessible from an iPhone
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Well its not on the to do list. I find it works just fine in a normal web browser and I find sites that spam me with tapatalk adds when I hit them from my mobile annoying. I dont see why I should add support for someone elses commercial product and have my forums spam my users on their behalf. Im not thrilled with adding 3rd party javascript either. If they want to make money out of tapatalk maybe they should pay me to me install it?
Is it really that necessary?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Works fine for me on my iPhone, I do 80% of checks & updates from it!
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Well said Antus 
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: Is there an App for this site?
The other two forums I am on dont seem to spam me with adds via tapatalk. Although I find it particularly useful when I am following a certain thread it will ping me to say there is an update. I have that here too but have to delete the emai every timel for the alert.antus wrote:Well its not on the to do list. I find it works just fine in a normal web browser and I find sites that spam me with tapatalk adds when I hit them from my mobile annoying. I dont see why I should add support for someone elses commercial product and have my forums spam my users on their behalf. Im not thrilled with adding 3rd party javascript either. If they want to make money out of tapatalk maybe they should pay me to me install it?Is it really that necessary?
I'm only "new guy" and just making a suggestion so don't be offended. Looks like there is some really good info here too.
Cheers
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Is there an App for this site?
if your on andriod i use skyfire browser, with the reader plugin, makes text on the page easier to read.
Im not sure if http://www.forumrunner.net/ is as bad as tapatalk.
Im not sure if http://www.forumrunner.net/ is as bad as tapatalk.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Once subscribed to the thread you dont have to delete the email, you just need to visit the thread. One email means one or more answers you havnt seen yet. Once you open the thread, and there is a new post you will get another email. Pinch zoom makes the size of the pages manageable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Apples
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
- Location: Darwin, NT
Re: Is there an App for this site?
The only thing I wish was RSS feed but have been living with out it for now so no biggy.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Is there an App for this site?
Feed is easy, its phpbb3 native. enabled. I dont use feeds myself, if you can test and let us know the correct config details that'd be great. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/feed.php gives a feed. Currently showing the last 10 posts, can increase this number. How many would you normally expect?
I find the 'view active topics' link up the top a good way to sort by reverse order showing the latest posts.
I find the 'view active topics' link up the top a good way to sort by reverse order showing the latest posts.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396