Is there an App for this site?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Is there an App for this site?

Post by nes304 »

I am on two other forums and they are using the Tapatalk app from apple. Just wondering if this forum is accessible from an iPhone
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by Tazzi »

nes304 wrote:I am on two other forums and they are using the Tapatalk app from apple. Just wondering if this forum is accessible from an iPhone
Iv found I can only get on using a webbrowser on the iphone. Dont think its tapatalk supported yet. Im sure its on the todo list *hint hint Antus* :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by antus »

Well its not on the to do list. I find it works just fine in a normal web browser and I find sites that spam me with tapatalk adds when I hit them from my mobile annoying. I dont see why I should add support for someone elses commercial product and have my forums spam my users on their behalf. Im not thrilled with adding 3rd party javascript either. If they want to make money out of tapatalk maybe they should pay me to me install it? :lol: Is it really that necessary?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Works fine for me on my iPhone, I do 80% of checks & updates from it!
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by Helical »

Well said Antus :thumbup:
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by nes304 »

antus wrote:Well its not on the to do list. I find it works just fine in a normal web browser and I find sites that spam me with tapatalk adds when I hit them from my mobile annoying. I dont see why I should add support for someone elses commercial product and have my forums spam my users on their behalf. Im not thrilled with adding 3rd party javascript either. If they want to make money out of tapatalk maybe they should pay me to me install it? :lol: Is it really that necessary?
The other two forums I am on dont seem to spam me with adds via tapatalk. Although I find it particularly useful when I am following a certain thread it will ping me to say there is an update. I have that here too but have to delete the emai every timel for the alert.

I'm only "new guy" and just making a suggestion so don't be offended. Looks like there is some really good info here too.
Cheers
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by The1 »

if your on andriod i use skyfire browser, with the reader plugin, makes text on the page easier to read.

Im not sure if http://www.forumrunner.net/ is as bad as tapatalk.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by antus »

Once subscribed to the thread you dont have to delete the email, you just need to visit the thread. One email means one or more answers you havnt seen yet. Once you open the thread, and there is a new post you will get another email. Pinch zoom makes the size of the pages manageable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Apples
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by Apples »

The only thing I wish was RSS feed but have been living with out it for now so no biggy.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Is there an App for this site?

Post by antus »

Feed is easy, its phpbb3 native. enabled. I dont use feeds myself, if you can test and let us know the correct config details that'd be great. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/feed.php gives a feed. Currently showing the last 10 posts, can increase this number. How many would you normally expect?

I find the 'view active topics' link up the top a good way to sort by reverse order showing the latest posts.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396