FC with VT 5L

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by nes304 »

Depends on how far I can swing it up. I may have to 90deg turn back above the rocker cover
UCMatt
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 am
cars: VX SS Hillclimb special
2023 Audi S5
LS1 V8 UC Torana Hatch

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by UCMatt »

How about a Torana bracket?
Low and close to the block on the drivers side.
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by nes304 »

UCMatt wrote:How about a Torana bracket?
Low and close to the block on the drivers side.
The Drivers side has the air con compressor, that is a MUST have according to the financial advisor :director:

It's difficult doing it on my own but ad my son turn the key whilst me head was in the engine bay, the relay in the bay does not click. I switched relays to see if it was the relay and same thing :roll:
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Helical »

Are you running the VT A/C? I looked at putting that mount/compressor into my VS but it stuck out too far and fouled on the chassis.

At least if the relay isn't clicking it narrows it down to PCM/BCM side of things.
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by nes304 »

Yes running the standard VT Compressor at this stage but will swing it up so it clears the chassis rail. I'll have to get a photo tomorrow.

I also have a smaller VS compressor here if you need one (off a V6) unknown condidtion.

The security is clearing when I turn the key so I know its not that
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Helical »

Would love to see some more pics, looks like an awesome project.

Thanks for the offer, that project got written off unfortunately. What I was doing was to get a V6 A/C clutch/pulley and mount to the V8 compressor and modify the A/C bracket to bring the compressor forward so the pulleys line up. Then run the serpentine belts as per the VT. I might still end up doing this with my VS Maloo as I like the look of the serpentine belts and I still have all the bits laying around.

Back on topic...
What ignition barrel are you using, the original from the FC? Starting with the simplest if the ignition switch is actually switching to start when you turn the key.
User avatar
nes304
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by nes304 »

Wires are loose at the moment and standard VT key barrel and metal ring at the moment. Would love a way to use original FC key though!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that's what I was going to say, check if the wire from the ignition to the starter relay is doing what it should .....
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Charlescrown »

Why can't you use the original key. With security vats off there should be no problem. I have a 78 Lancer running delco VR ECU and running std key and ignition barrel.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by vs ss »

I take it he is using the bcm seeing that he has the full commodore harness,and so even if the vats is turned of unless the harness is rewired the key is a must.

Also there is a small black wire with an eyelet on that screws to the bottom of the ign barrel so make sure this is connected as it needs this.