VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by immortality »

Hi guys,

As the title says, I'm seeing a variation between the information shown on the data dash and the data monitors. In this case the dash is showing the engine temperature as 91.5 degrees but the data monitor is showing 97.5 degrees.

Any advice on how to correct this please much appreciated.

I'm using $51 VS V6 engine and trans v1.09 WB innovative.adx

Thanks
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by Holden202T »

i'm not sure how that can happen as they are displaying the same thing just a different layout.

I also am not sure thats the latest ADX for that car, can you post a log and the ADX of it please ?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by immortality »

I think I've got it sorted. I was scrolling through the data monitors but it seems the data dash was still displaying the info from where the log was originally paused. My bad.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by The1 »

one item maybe from the trans datastream and the other from the engine datastream and if the calcs are wrong then they wont match.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by immortality »

Definitely something weird going on as the low thermo fan didn't come on until the high thermo fan setting?

Car is not running well, has been sitting for a couple of weeks as i've broken and dis-located my left arm/shoulder and the missus has been driving my Senator.

Idle is crap, LTFT's are way out and the WB O2 reading have gone off the scale???? :( what is the life expectancy on the WB O2 sensors?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by The1 »

what bin and xdf you using? perhaps use enhanced mod, i know it works properly :)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VS V6 ADX variation between dash and trace data

Post by immortality »

still using $51 vs v6 v1.22 xdf and I think I started with ckul.