Is there a newer $11A XDF

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by Charlescrown »

Gday people. I have a VR V8 which I tuned some time ago using the $11A XDF from Memcal ID 1.7. The concern I have was that I had to turn off the checksum to avoid going into limp mode. I found that $11 version 3 seemed to align best with the BIN file. What I want to know is there a newer or better XDF I should use?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I believe but not 100% you can use any of the $11 xdf's & may be reasonable to line up with it?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by Holden202T »

use $11 xdf that VL400 has packaged in with $11 build, it should be fully defined.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by Charlescrown »

Where can I find it. I found the $11 but there's no XDF
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by antus »

Im not sure if this is what holden202t is referring too, but it looks like a high quality vl400 xdf for $11.

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=634
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by Holden202T »

thats her ;) sorry i was on my phone at the time and not keen to try and find the thread and copy the link in, thanks Antus!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by VL400 »

Charlescrown wrote:The concern I have was that I had to turn off the checksum to avoid going into limp mode.
The issue is TunerPro cannot handle the checksum of the $11 code, but antus solved that with a checksum plugin .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... gin#p31079
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks. I didn't know you could use the 11B in place of the 11A but all looks fine. The concern I had was when I looked at my ignition map which I had changed with the two other $11A XDF's it was all over the place so I didn't know if I got it right but it lines up with this one fine. Thanks
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF

Post by VL400 »

The 11A bins have a 1 byte offset compared to 11B. The offset is right near the start of the engine cal section (address 8004 is a flag that was added) so you will find most tables will look a little odd.

The XDF thread has a link to all the $11 bins and the variants so can check to see if the 11B XDF will suit the bin your using - if its 11A your editing just go with if it looks wrong it probably is!