Is there a newer $11A XDF
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Is there a newer $11A XDF
Gday people. I have a VR V8 which I tuned some time ago using the $11A XDF from Memcal ID 1.7. The concern I have was that I had to turn off the checksum to avoid going into limp mode. I found that $11 version 3 seemed to align best with the BIN file. What I want to know is there a newer or better XDF I should use?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
I believe but not 100% you can use any of the $11 xdf's & may be reasonable to line up with it?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
use $11 xdf that VL400 has packaged in with $11 build, it should be fully defined.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
Where can I find it. I found the $11 but there's no XDF
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
Im not sure if this is what holden202t is referring too, but it looks like a high quality vl400 xdf for $11.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=634
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=634
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
thats her
sorry i was on my phone at the time and not keen to try and find the thread and copy the link in, thanks Antus!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
The issue is TunerPro cannot handle the checksum of the $11 code, but antus solved that with a checksum plugin .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... gin#p31079Charlescrown wrote:The concern I have was that I had to turn off the checksum to avoid going into limp mode.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
Thanks. I didn't know you could use the 11B in place of the 11A but all looks fine. The concern I had was when I looked at my ignition map which I had changed with the two other $11A XDF's it was all over the place so I didn't know if I got it right but it lines up with this one fine. Thanks
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Is there a newer $11A XDF
The 11A bins have a 1 byte offset compared to 11B. The offset is right near the start of the engine cal section (address 8004 is a flag that was added) so you will find most tables will look a little odd.
The XDF thread has a link to all the $11 bins and the variants so can check to see if the 11B XDF will suit the bin your using - if its 11A your editing just go with if it looks wrong it probably is!
The XDF thread has a link to all the $11 bins and the variants so can check to see if the 11B XDF will suit the bin your using - if its 11A your editing just go with if it looks wrong it probably is!