Did a Log, do the values look ok?
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
Yeah that's the thing, hopefully that might make a difference to something.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
it might take pulsations out of the fuel system but its not going to stop your car running really rich if thats what its doing.
get a decent log of it driving at running temperature for a bit and post that up!
get a decent log of it driving at running temperature for a bit and post that up!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
I thought I'd get it as in pretty sure they came standard and that must have been for a reason.
Yeah I will. Not home till Sunday, so I'll put in the new sensors and get a log of a drive up and down the street as it's unregistered at the moment to get vass.
Yeah I will. Not home till Sunday, so I'll put in the new sensors and get a log of a drive up and down the street as it's unregistered at the moment to get vass.
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
ok. ive put in a second hand oxy sensor and iat sensor, rewired both also as i had splits in the wires. can someone please have a look and tell me if everything looks ok?
also can someone shed some light on what is the factory and or most beneficial operating temp for a 304? Not what notch on the gauge it sits at but what degrees?
I have a a new genuine holden 88 deg thermostat, new cpc radiatior cap, new radiator, new hoses, new clamps, new au thermo fans and davies craig adjustable thermo switch. I have the thermos set to come on around 95 deg and off at around 90. Is this ok? Or should I put in a lower temp 82 deg thermostat and have the thermos kick in at a lower temp
thanks
also can someone shed some light on what is the factory and or most beneficial operating temp for a 304? Not what notch on the gauge it sits at but what degrees?
I have a a new genuine holden 88 deg thermostat, new cpc radiatior cap, new radiator, new hoses, new clamps, new au thermo fans and davies craig adjustable thermo switch. I have the thermos set to come on around 95 deg and off at around 90. Is this ok? Or should I put in a lower temp 82 deg thermostat and have the thermos kick in at a lower temp
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
Can someone please have a look? Thanks
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
looks like your O2 sensor is doing SFA!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
Ok, so I should replace the Oxy sensor with a new one?
Does everything else look ok?
Thanks
Does everything else look ok?
Thanks
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
throttle voltage is a little high .check if you have a dampner connected to the external fuel pump bracket if you dont you may as well fit one removing them can make fuel trims go way out
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
Tps is like 2 months old. I have a dampner installed right near the fuel rail entry. I don't think there's a dampner near fuel pump as it's in a vl. Do I need to replace Oxy?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Did a Log, do the values look ok?
either o2 sensor is dead or the wiring to it is .test continuity of the wire from o2 to ecu plug without the ecu plugged in.if that checks out ok fit a new sensor
also where is the sensor in the exhaust
also where is the sensor in the exhaust
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem