CKUL Speed Cut

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jacomms
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)
Location: Goulburn, NSW

CKUL Speed Cut

Post by jacomms »

Hi guys

Well I feel like a bit of a dope..... I was asked to do a very simple Speed Cut mod for a mate who has a "P" plater son who has speed issues.
How hard could it be ....CKUL VS V6 Auto.....also asked if max RPM could be dropped down too.

I have created some strange issues under load from light throttle to foot hard down, almost like RPM cut values were set 2000rpm apart.

Ive scraped the file and about to start again. Has anyone else struck this?? ......oh yeah ...Speed cut didnt work at all.

Cheers

Justin
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by Holden202T »

so I am assuming you have the right xdf ? $51 ?

also what settings are you changing to achieve said requirements ?

I've never decreased the rpm limit in ckul but I have used it a lot in the past for ecotec in my Torana.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by antus »

And is the speed sensor logging correctly?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by immortality »

You could always pull some timing out in the higher RPM areas so it becomes a slug once the RPM's get to high. For day to day driving there really is no need to go over 3000rpm. You would however need to adjust the transmission maps to upshift at the lower rpms as well.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by Holden202T »

immortality wrote:You could always pull some timing out in the higher RPM areas so it becomes a slug once the RPM's get to high. For day to day driving there really is no need to go over 3000rpm. You would however need to adjust the transmission maps to upshift at the lower rpms as well.
you might be better off leaving the rpm limit as stock and then just changing the shift maps to shift earlier, or the timing option is a good one :)

also young people don't always do everyday driving :P
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by vlad01 »

yeah just de tune the hell out of it, make it slllooowwwww :lol:

pull a heap of timing out of the mid to higher rev range and it will run out of puff as the rpm climbs. Might be bad for his exhaust system though lol
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by The1 »

Just tested on the bench as i had VS Enhanced on there anyway, working fine. Just set both the tables up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jacomms
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)
Location: Goulburn, NSW

Re: CKUL Speed Cut

Post by jacomms »

Sorry guys ...did a post n run......been smashed with work (not such a bad thing)

Thanks for your feedback and ideas.

I will have a look at the bin The1 played with.

To be honest I haven't had to do much on the $51 ...vats, dtc removal etc.... heaps in the files.

I will be out at the workshop some time this week, I will take my gear and have a play on the car.

Thanks again

Justin