Hi guys
Well I feel like a bit of a dope..... I was asked to do a very simple Speed Cut mod for a mate who has a "P" plater son who has speed issues.
How hard could it be ....CKUL VS V6 Auto.....also asked if max RPM could be dropped down too.
I have created some strange issues under load from light throttle to foot hard down, almost like RPM cut values were set 2000rpm apart.
Ive scraped the file and about to start again. Has anyone else struck this?? ......oh yeah ...Speed cut didnt work at all.
Cheers
Justin
CKUL Speed Cut
-
jacomms
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm
- cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)
- Location: Goulburn, NSW
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
so I am assuming you have the right xdf ? $51 ?
also what settings are you changing to achieve said requirements ?
I've never decreased the rpm limit in ckul but I have used it a lot in the past for ecotec in my Torana.
also what settings are you changing to achieve said requirements ?
I've never decreased the rpm limit in ckul but I have used it a lot in the past for ecotec in my Torana.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
And is the speed sensor logging correctly?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
You could always pull some timing out in the higher RPM areas so it becomes a slug once the RPM's get to high. For day to day driving there really is no need to go over 3000rpm. You would however need to adjust the transmission maps to upshift at the lower rpms as well.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
you might be better off leaving the rpm limit as stock and then just changing the shift maps to shift earlier, or the timing option is a good oneimmortality wrote:You could always pull some timing out in the higher RPM areas so it becomes a slug once the RPM's get to high. For day to day driving there really is no need to go over 3000rpm. You would however need to adjust the transmission maps to upshift at the lower rpms as well.
also young people don't always do everyday driving
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
yeah just de tune the hell out of it, make it slllooowwwww
pull a heap of timing out of the mid to higher rev range and it will run out of puff as the rpm climbs. Might be bad for his exhaust system though lol
pull a heap of timing out of the mid to higher rev range and it will run out of puff as the rpm climbs. Might be bad for his exhaust system though lol
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
Just tested on the bench as i had VS Enhanced on there anyway, working fine. Just set both the tables up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jacomms
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm
- cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)
- Location: Goulburn, NSW
Re: CKUL Speed Cut
Sorry guys ...did a post n run......been smashed with work (not such a bad thing)
Thanks for your feedback and ideas.
I will have a look at the bin The1 played with.
To be honest I haven't had to do much on the $51 ...vats, dtc removal etc.... heaps in the files.
I will be out at the workshop some time this week, I will take my gear and have a play on the car.
Thanks again
Justin
Thanks for your feedback and ideas.
I will have a look at the bin The1 played with.
To be honest I haven't had to do much on the $51 ...vats, dtc removal etc.... heaps in the files.
I will be out at the workshop some time this week, I will take my gear and have a play on the car.
Thanks again
Justin