304 Power Curve
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFWz1z-E0zc[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgIjaPHAYY[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_QdZ6JIHU0[/youtube]

-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 Power Curve
looks like its taking shape quite nicely!
is it for some form of racing ?
is it for some form of racing ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
drag racing initially but will likely do a few hill climbs and club days, speed events whatever comes along,

-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
I had a chance to get my VR SS Auto on the dyno today and was impressed with the flat line for HP but still want more breathing.
I am about to change my intake manifold so I can attack my original and see if I can make a better one.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjtENOUyl50[/youtube]

I am about to change my intake manifold so I can attack my original and see if I can make a better one.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjtENOUyl50[/youtube]


-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Well I have started on the right track to build a Street Happy Fun V8, it was running 14.3-14.4@98-97mph all day long without slicks and with no changes to how it's driven on the street.
The next mod will be the interesting one as it will be the intake manifold.
165kW at the wheels is ok for a stock dished piston 9.3 compression 304 but it's way short of what it can be and I will continue to tinker until I get the kW over 200 at the wheels.
I am still focusing on this performing about 1 second quicker in the quarter but it may take new headers and roller rockers to get it there I think but I am trying to get as close as that as possible without them.

The next mod will be the interesting one as it will be the intake manifold.
165kW at the wheels is ok for a stock dished piston 9.3 compression 304 but it's way short of what it can be and I will continue to tinker until I get the kW over 200 at the wheels.
I am still focusing on this performing about 1 second quicker in the quarter but it may take new headers and roller rockers to get it there I think but I am trying to get as close as that as possible without them.


-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 Power Curve
try slicks first then
it'll probably give you the one second 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 304 Power Curve
and valve springs will help that powercurve emensly
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Slicks would slow me down further and Valve springs have been done and should be good for 7500rpm all day 
The tires do smoke a little especially when I hit 3rd gear in the burnout
These things, I was told by the guys I have bought my tires for the past 10 or more years, would smoke but give good traction and they are right again!
The tires do smoke a little especially when I hit 3rd gear in the burnout
These things, I was told by the guys I have bought my tires for the past 10 or more years, would smoke but give good traction and they are right again!

-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 304 Power Curve
did you play round with timing on the dyno
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Yep, 11 runs and each one was a little tweak on fuel and sparkdelcowizzid wrote:did you play round with timing on the dyno
