Memcal resistor chips

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by delcowizzid »

ide be keen on a real 4 cylinder memcal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v8-tuning
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
cars: 304 commodore

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by v8-tuning »

Found 2 untouched ADNJ 2752 and AHLU 6173
prob swap for a 2 v6 ones if you want.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Does anyone have what codes on the knock resistor section are for what?
I think the V6 can use 1Hxxxx & 1Uxxxx & as Antus mentioned above the V8 use's 1Fxxxx, but I was pretty sure I was looking at 1 today & had either 1Nxxxx or 1Mxxxx.

I'm guessing the following 4 numbers after the first 2 digits don't mean too much in the scheme of things?
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by vs ss »

never seen a m or an n code but the filter number and letters represent an engine family and a date code.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by VL400 »

There is a list here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 685#p13685

No M or N though.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for that VL, I was pretty sure I saw a list a while ago, guessing 1 of the H's I saw sort of looked like an N on quick glance when I wasn't paying attention.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by Charlescrown »

Just wondering if the resistors are not there. Does it affect the running or only have no limp mode or is there more to it?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by VL400 »

On a '808 style ecu (so also vr manual and vs v8 manual) they also control the number of ref pulses per fuel injector pulse during normal running.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by Charlescrown »

That seems to make sense. I thought they did more than limp mode. I have one here where someone has removed both chips and put a multipin plug setup in place. I wonder if anyone knows why they did it and what can it be used for.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Memcal resistor chips

Post by VL400 »

Maybe someone wanted to try and work out the limp home mode resistors and cal it a modded engine setup :?