Memcal resistor chips
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Memcal resistor chips
ide be keen on a real 4 cylinder memcal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Memcal resistor chips
Found 2 untouched ADNJ 2752 and AHLU 6173
prob swap for a 2 v6 ones if you want.
prob swap for a 2 v6 ones if you want.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Memcal resistor chips
Does anyone have what codes on the knock resistor section are for what?
I think the V6 can use 1Hxxxx & 1Uxxxx & as Antus mentioned above the V8 use's 1Fxxxx, but I was pretty sure I was looking at 1 today & had either 1Nxxxx or 1Mxxxx.
I'm guessing the following 4 numbers after the first 2 digits don't mean too much in the scheme of things?
I think the V6 can use 1Hxxxx & 1Uxxxx & as Antus mentioned above the V8 use's 1Fxxxx, but I was pretty sure I was looking at 1 today & had either 1Nxxxx or 1Mxxxx.
I'm guessing the following 4 numbers after the first 2 digits don't mean too much in the scheme of things?
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Memcal resistor chips
never seen a m or an n code but the filter number and letters represent an engine family and a date code.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Memcal resistor chips
Thanks for that VL, I was pretty sure I saw a list a while ago, guessing 1 of the H's I saw sort of looked like an N on quick glance when I wasn't paying attention.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Memcal resistor chips
Just wondering if the resistors are not there. Does it affect the running or only have no limp mode or is there more to it?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Memcal resistor chips
On a '808 style ecu (so also vr manual and vs v8 manual) they also control the number of ref pulses per fuel injector pulse during normal running.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Memcal resistor chips
That seems to make sense. I thought they did more than limp mode. I have one here where someone has removed both chips and put a multipin plug setup in place. I wonder if anyone knows why they did it and what can it be used for.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Memcal resistor chips
Maybe someone wanted to try and work out the limp home mode resistors and cal it a modded engine setup 