Austin Lancer Twin Turbo Buick

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Austin Lancer Twin Turbo Buick

Post by VL400 »

Wow thats not something you see everyday twinturboaustin :punk: Its a neat setup to jam it all in there too, good work!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I can understand that 202. Parachute next. WSID has a very long runoff and it goes uphill so that helps reduce braking but 11's yea you would start running out of space. How hard do you have to brake?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well, when I ran a 12.78 I think it was, that was actually slow enough that I had to accelerate a bit to get to the end of the track, but then when I did the 11.29 the end came up a hell of a lot quicker hahahah :) its an easy pull up, and that was 123mph over the line, I believe 140mph and you have to have a chute!

a lot of the problem I have with needing to use the brakes is because since I manualised my trimatic, if I pull it back a gear it applies the gear at full line pressure and I have been warned that doing it could lock the rear of the car up so I only do it when revs are low enough!

that said, if you had a say vt onwards commodore running with decent front tyres you'd be able to pull up no problems, I have vt front brakes on the Gemini but a 4.5 inch tyre that doesn't offer a lot of stopping power!