Edit -> looks like I didn't save the file properly and I put the original file in the new eprom, but still it doesn't work
New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
Hey all, got hold of a new memcal and replaced it's 128Kb eprom with a 256Kb one in case I try other tunes later. Cut pin 15 of the resistor network furthest away from the eprom to convert it to an 8 cyl and also removed the knock sensor board. I copied and pasted the spark table from a $FB VP V8 BBPA bin into mine because it has a hopeless LPG curve. Start it up and it idles fast and the electric fan is running so I suppose it is in limp home mode. Might that be because I only used the first half of the eprom and the last half is all blank $FF's ?
Edit -> looks like I didn't save the file properly and I put the original file in the new eprom, but still it doesn't work
Edit -> looks like I didn't save the file properly and I put the original file in the new eprom, but still it doesn't work
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
so are you stacking the bin in like tunerpro?
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
I'm using TunerPro but don't know about stacking bins. Wassat?
Okay, reading about it now.
Okay, reading about it now.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
tools, bin stacker
can basicly use it to stack the same bin into one file, then burn it and it'l work as normal.
can basicly use it to stack the same bin into one file, then burn it and it'l work as normal.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
Tuner Pro chucks an error:
"Error opening bins at the following positions: Position 0. Bad Positions are filled with zeros."
The low addresses 0-16K have data but the high addresses 17K-32K are all zeros. I'm running Tuner Pro in Wine 1.7.15 so maybe it doesn't like that.
I wrote a QBASIC thing that gets the original 16K file and writes it twice as a 32K file. That might do the trick.
"Error opening bins at the following positions: Position 0. Bad Positions are filled with zeros."
The low addresses 0-16K have data but the high addresses 17K-32K are all zeros. I'm running Tuner Pro in Wine 1.7.15 so maybe it doesn't like that.
I wrote a QBASIC thing that gets the original 16K file and writes it twice as a 32K file. That might do the trick.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
Hey I got it!
The help files were not that good. And it produced identical results to my QBASIC program.
Tomorrow I'll play some more.
The help files were not that good. And it produced identical results to my QBASIC program.
Tomorrow I'll play some more.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
Okay. Car runs now but idles like a busted arse when cold. The Gas Research carb is a bit gummed up and previously it would only idle really well after about 10-15 minutes running even though idle mixture screw is all the way in. Cold idle was a bit average.
Overall it's a ~bit~ smoother now but lacks power slightly. Sometimes it seems to flat spot a little when moving off like it needs more advance off idle. By way of comparison, at full throttle here is my V8 LPG curve (red), V8 petrol curve I just tried (blue) and V6 LPG (yellow). Not sure if a V6 runs the same initial timing though.
It almost seems like I would get good enough results running a flat curve of 24 deg from 800 rpm up.
Overall it's a ~bit~ smoother now but lacks power slightly. Sometimes it seems to flat spot a little when moving off like it needs more advance off idle. By way of comparison, at full throttle here is my V8 LPG curve (red), V8 petrol curve I just tried (blue) and V6 LPG (yellow). Not sure if a V6 runs the same initial timing though.
It almost seems like I would get good enough results running a flat curve of 24 deg from 800 rpm up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
try 20 deg at idle smoth curve to 37deg at 5000 max 40 above+ 10deg for light load
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
jenko, are those figures including the 10 deg initial timing? In other words, is the 20 deg at idle 10 deg initial and 10 deg electronic etc?
Edit -> 37deg at 5000 must be 10+27 deg.
Edit -> 37deg at 5000 must be 10+27 deg.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: New tune runs in limp home mode :-/
those figures are what you would see with a timing light 20 initial and 37 at 5000 full load curve
with part load you can add a bit more timing similar to vac advance with distributor
with part load you can add a bit more timing similar to vac advance with distributor