Trigger points for CAS.

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

I'm about too embark on fitting a computer from a VN v6 too my 74 LH Torana
And I need to know how many pickups are needed for the crank angle sensor to work
I will be making a exciter ring that will fit too my harmonic balancer and mounting the sensor on the timing cover, and I wondering if I need too copy same number that the 3.8 has or can I just make it six?
Any help would be good.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by Holden202T »

What is the motor 6 or 8 ??

Are you planning to run it without the dizzy or keep that to distribute spark still ??
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

It's a turbocharged 202 and I want too run the coil packs.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

If I could work out how too put up some pics I'll show you my setup
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

1-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

Hence why I don't want a distributor underneath my manifold.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

Image
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

Image
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by delcowizzid »

jzed head nice.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

Should make some decent power.