VR VS speed alert wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

VR VS speed alert wiring

Post by Charlescrown »

I know this is not a PCM issue but I also know there are a lot of very smart Holden people out there.
I wired up a speed alert in my VR and it triggers the warning just as the car starts to move. Even if I set it for very high speeds it still triggers eg set for 180km it goes of at about 10km.
I took the speed signal from the instrument cluster. Is this right?
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: VR VS speed alert wiring

Post by Helical »

If nobody else chimes in before tomorrow, I'll go have a look at the factory wiring in my VS ute wreck in daylight.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: VR VS speed alert wiring

Post by Charlescrown »

Solved the problem There are three terminals that have a pulse output at the back of the speedo and I didn't see them and took the signal from the wrong wire.
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: VR VS speed alert wiring

Post by Helical »

That's good because I forgot to go look and now it's dark again