I know this is not a PCM issue but I also know there are a lot of very smart Holden people out there.
I wired up a speed alert in my VR and it triggers the warning just as the car starts to move. Even if I set it for very high speeds it still triggers eg set for 180km it goes of at about 10km.
I took the speed signal from the instrument cluster. Is this right?
VR VS speed alert wiring
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: VR VS speed alert wiring
If nobody else chimes in before tomorrow, I'll go have a look at the factory wiring in my VS ute wreck in daylight.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: VR VS speed alert wiring
Solved the problem There are three terminals that have a pulse output at the back of the speedo and I didn't see them and took the signal from the wrong wire.
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: VR VS speed alert wiring
That's good because I forgot to go look and now it's dark again