I've had no trouble with mine (SMP brand I think) but can't say it's had a lot of use since being installed.
These modules were used on a bunch of mid 90s cars in the US, so if a particular brand was unreliable I'd expect google to tell you all about it if you searched for that manufacturer's part number + a keyword or two like failed, warranty, crap etc.
Trigger points for CAS.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
My car won't get much use, but as it's been off the road for a ground up rebuild for the last 12 years it might be by the end off the year before I hear the engine run again.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
festy wrote:See http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... t=20#p9230
Sync pulse is 70* after, so 10* after the next 60* reference pulse
thats for a 4 cyilnder... I beleive the OP wants to use this on a 6cyl 202? the 6 cyilnder lines up differently.
In a 6-cylinder application, the evenly spaced notches coincide with TDC. The sync pulse notch coincide with 10° after TDC for the #1 cylinder.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
All good now, when I've finished the wheel I'll put up a photo.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
this is where I put the holes in mine, may or may not help you at all 
I think I ended up getting 6.5 inch wheel from memory ?
I think I ended up getting 6.5 inch wheel from memory ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
I'm sure it's the same as yours so I will have to drill the two other holes but having the crank bolt means I can lock it down before drilling.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
but if you do 6 + 1 will be different location anyways.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
Did you end up marking the wheel so you know which way it go's back on? I mean if you have too take it off so you don't have wind the motor over #1 tdc every time you bolt it back on
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Trigger points for CAS.
with the motor at TDC that missing tooth should be just after the ABS sensor, so theres only one way that will align correctly.
also i have a serpentine pulley on the front of the crank (this trigger wheel is in between it and the balancer) and its got the marks on it, so i just keep it and the chopper wheel together when i remove them so its pretty straight forward.
this picture might be a bit misleading .... the TDC mark is not actually TDC, TDC is the 60 degree mark, i labelled it this way so i knew where TDC was to align the sensor.
also i have a serpentine pulley on the front of the crank (this trigger wheel is in between it and the balancer) and its got the marks on it, so i just keep it and the chopper wheel together when i remove them so its pretty straight forward.
this picture might be a bit misleading .... the TDC mark is not actually TDC, TDC is the 60 degree mark, i labelled it this way so i knew where TDC was to align the sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
