Trigger points for CAS.

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

I found on their web page a installation section and the harmonic balancer they fitted it too only had a crank bolt so they had too drill for the locking bolt, so it only went on one way. I'm just going too put a centre punch where it lines up with tdc that way I won't have any problems, I have a feeling I will be rebuilding motors on a regular basis with the power figures I'm chasing.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by Holden202T »

you'll need to do it like mine anyways as you are putting the gilmer on the front so will need the 3 bolts, once you work out the location and drill the holes to suit plus a centre punch mark it will be pretty hard to get it wrong!
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by v6bucket »

You could drill the pulley/chopper wheel & fit a roll pin so that it can only go on one way.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

I ordered the trigger wheel this morning, was about 4:30 before I left for work and that made 14:45 over there so the order has already processed let see how long it takes to get too me.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

After buying my trigger wheel from DIY auto tune in America I noticed that they make modules and ecu's, has anyone ever heard of the MEGA SQUIRT or used one before?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by Holden202T »

heard of but not used
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

What did you think about their products?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by Jayme »

megasquirt is like a diy ecu... popular for efi converisons and such. seen it, never used. my personal opinion is that while im sure their products are good for what they are. I can get a new delco 808 for $5... same cant be said of a megasquirt :P not to mention GM spent millions of $$$ on research creating the delco computers... no way you can match that reliability with a homemade ecu.
GH1176
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by GH1176 »

So you would take a delco unit over most popular after market ecu's?
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Trigger points for CAS.

Post by jenko »

megasquirt is like a diy ecu... popular for efi converisons and such. seen it, never used. my personal opinion is that while im sure their products are good for what they are. I can get a new delco 808 for $5... same cant be said of a megasquirt :P not to mention GM spent millions of $$$ on research creating the delco computers... no way you can match that reliability with a homemade ecu.
Also the maps are not as good or the number of variables
I would go a delco over most after market ecu's