seems like its been an eternity since any progress on this thing, there has been progress just not much to show .... since the last post of the bottom end together we have done the following:
sourced a suitable boost cam - the requirements where nothing that would require a larger converter (already has a ~2500rpm converter in it) and he didn't want to rev it much past 6000rpm....
cam card.JPG
I believe it should be nice for a streeter, camtechs website says 1800-5500rpm, and from my experience with cams from them you get a bit over where it says in the revs, either way, 5500-6000rpm will be mint I reckon!
we have also procured some suitable valve springs to meet or exceed the specs of the cam card, and just the other day a set of cometic head gaskets have been ordered! so that should pretty well take care of the motor side of things....
we are also going to upgrade the clutches in the box, I have a rebuilt T700 with fucked input shaft, but has all good clutches in it and very few kms, so we are putting them in his box and servicing while its apart.....
so with everything else happening I thought I should get stuck into some head porting so I did!
P1120153.JPG
P1120160.JPG
im not making world beaters, just a quick de-dagging, smoothing of bends and de-shrouding the valve stems a bit, should hopefully give a nice gain in conjunction with the cam!
hoping to try and get it all together in the next week or two!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.